In November 2005, he gives a conference in Toulouse, France, within which he explains scientifically but in very simple ways the complexity of what GMOs are. What is a GMO, what different types of GMOs there are, the different problematics they present, why we should not mix them up and especially why we should be careful when listening to some scientists purposely mixing them up.
Fortunately a video has been made of this conference. Unfortunately for English-speaking folks, he is speaking French. For those who understand it, I really recommend to watch it,
(Update 04/2011: sorry, Google Video stops hosting videos – including this one – on April 29, 2011)
1. Definition of a GMO
2. Basics in biology to understand the manipulation of GMOs
3. What are the GMOs used for:
- GMOs in the basic research
- GMOs in medical research
- GMOs in the food industry
4. Health issues due to the spread of GMOs in the environment.